Saturday, August 31, 2013

Doctor and Consultant



The idea of a super hero has always fascinated me. I have always wondered if it is human nature to create entities that resemble the human figure but are capable of far more than a normal human. Is it because we don’t feel as though we are special enough? Is it because our lives become a dull routine and we need an escape through a mythical figure? I must say, I find myself wishing that I could be more of this or more of that, and day dreaming that I could amplify some part of me and become something better. Upon examining this fantasy, I realize that my wishes are purely selfish and I probably wouldn’t even use my “super powers” for the greater good of the planet. If a person had an amplified personality trait, or ability, is it their responsibility to use it for the greater good of humanity? I guess that whole “with great power comes great responsibility” thing comes into play.

But none of what I just wrote has anything to do with these drawings I did. I just made Grete and I into Super Heroes.



The Consultant:
Super Powers: Patiently Listening
Born: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Arch Nemeses: Nega Consultant and anxiety
Info:
  • Goes hours without talking, sometimes days.
  • Has been known to put dead creatures in the freezer.
  • Once kept a freshly dead bird to see how long rigamortis takes to set in for a sparrow. (20 minutes. And she still has it.) 
  • Decorates with dead things.




The Doctor:
Super Powers: Resilience (both emotionally and physically) & wicked cooking skillz
Born: Butzbach, Hessen, Germany
Arch Nemeses: Lies/Liars
Info:
  • Great with the men folk.
  • Has a military family
  • Writer
  • Deals with The Consultant’s weird shenanigans and doesn’t ask questions.


(I just enhanced one thing that we like best about ourselves. I like that I am a good listener, and that people are comfortable talking to me about anything, and knowing that I will not pass judgment or criticize. Grete likes that she is so resilient. She likes that she will not give up on something or someone –she gives her whole self to that something or someone.)






No comments:

Post a Comment